Imagine yourself siting at your office desk, so focused on maintaining your business that you do not notice anything going on around you. Suddenly, you smell something foul – something which smells like dense burning smoke. The picture of flame in yours eyes was so unexpected that all you could humanly do, was to look for an escape to save yours and your employees lives.
The wave of worry in your mind is unexplainable. What do you do? How are you going to deal with the fire damage? Fire can come unexpectedly, but with preparedness, you can worry less. The following are a few do’s and don’ts in dealing with fire damage.
The remarkable Do’s:
- The first thing you should do is make sure that your insurance will help you. In order for it to help, you will need evidence to prove how solid the fire damage was. This can be done by either calling your agent at the scene or taking pictures of the damage caused as soon as the fire is out.
- Get the edible items which were exposed to fire out of the premises. There could be serious health consequences if anyone consumes the food which was exposed to fire or smoke.
- Make sure you call your commercial property restoration contractor and start getting your rebuilding process started as soon as possible.
- Shift all of your private data into a safer environment for a few days.
- Make sure the walls are cleaned properly getting the smoke burn out before repainting.
- Get any plants washed and make sure to replace the plants which were burned during the fire.
The ugly Don’ts:
One of the best ways to act quickly in the case of a natural disaster is to have the experts on hand so you can simply make the call once it occurs.
You can do this by signing a pre-loss agreement with Armor Environmental Solutions — Allowing us to act fast and helping your business get up and running ASAP.
Give us a call at 1-800-413-3070
Source link: https://armorenviro.com/dos-and-donts-of-dealing-with-fire-damage/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dos-and-donts-of-dealing-with-fire-damage&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dos-and-donts-of-dealing-with-fire-damage by angela at armorenviro.com